Monday, November 29, 2010

whirlwind.

The fact that it is the Monday after Thanksgiving {definitely the coldest day we have had so far} and that Wednesday is the first of December is really blowing my mind. It feels like I was just ringing in 2010, and now it is almost time to bid it farewell. Back in New York, stuffy nose in tow. This is right on schedule for me actually. I always get the same cold 3 or 4 times a year. It used to be timed perfectly with the start of each new semester, which was always a blast {sike}. It was a great trip home but I was pleased to be back in my own little space. Got into the city at around 6 last night, met up with my cousin to see the new movie The King's Speech with Colin Firth. I hadn't even seen a preview for it but it was a sold out show for a Sunday night. The movie was excellent, I highly recommend it. 
A lot of fun things on the horizon... 

- Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

- Friend C from home's visit

- Mom got me tickets to the NYC Ballet to see the Nutcracker!

- my 5 girlfriends and I are having a holiday potluck dinner. Yum yum!

That last event is where I need your help... I need something pretty easy that I can make and transport into the city but that won't take up too much time because I don't want to cut into my friend's visit. Or better yet something I could make Thursday before she arrives that would still be good to eat on Sunday when we have our get together. I am a complete domestic disaster as we have seen recently so any go-to recipes you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Finally finally caught up on Glee while I was home. I don't know if it is possible for me to love this show anymore. The situation with Kurt is really breaking my heart, I hope he doesn't transfer schools. I personally thought Gwyneth was great in her episode! 

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday! Now back to the grind...right?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see The King's Speech!! So glad to hear another good review.

    Sorry, but I'm no help on food :( Everything seems to take me AGES too cook!

    ReplyDelete