Thursday, December 2, 2010

i'd take the rain.


I love this song... actually I love all songs by Eli Young Band. Music to the ears for sure. But finally, we have a day without rain and its a nice change. I am certainly a person whose mood is affected by the weather so when it is gray out like it has been the past couple days, I am not a happy camper.

Moving right along... I ended up ordering the French Hen cards from a couple posts ago. They are too cute and I cannot wait to send them out. My dad {although I hope he was kidding} said that I shouldn't be on the family holiday card this year since I no longer live at home. Too bad so sad Daddy-o since I am the one who designed them after all! I will be placing the order for those this weekend.

I am generally not one of those people who likes to cause a huge stink over things. But lately, I have found myself on hold with customer service quite often. 

Exhibit A: My laptop. I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTEN IT BACK! As of yesterday it has been sent out for 5 weeks. The part is back ordered, the system is down, excuse excuse excuse. The tech guy keeps saying he will call, and he doesn't. I almost wish I didn't have the extended warranty so I could demand to get this service done for free. So frustrating. At this point I was told that since we have crossed the 30 day mark I can either get a new computer or they will refund me for the laptop. Excuse me? What happens to all of my music, pictures, documents? I will be calling the company directly tonight, no more dealing with the store.

Exhibit B: JCrew. You know I have a serious love affair with you but under no circumstances should a shirt that I have worn and washed TWICE have two holes in it. But thank you to your customer service team for sending me a new one, refunding the difference since the shirt is now on sale, and not charging me shipping. Way to get things done.
 
Thursday, yay! Almost Friday. Heading back down to The Old Dominion this weekend. College friend/sorority sister/roommate J and I will be going to the National Harbor for the ICE exhibit and a nice dinner. I wanted to go to this last year, but missed it so I am glad to be able to do it this year. I really love the Harbor. If you are in the DC/MD/VA area and have not been, this would be a great time of year to go. 

*I feel like I haven't had too much to say lately... sort of a bore to myself. And if I am boring myself I can only imagine how you all must feel... In search of some inspiration, let you know when I find it! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I love this song!
    I too have been disappointed with J. Crew and the quality of some their recent clothes. They handled it very well with you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just found your blog, and it's so cute! I'm from VA, too! Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete