Monday, December 20, 2010

tis the season!

Cannot believe that Christmas is this weekend. Hooray for a short work week! I am flying to upstate NY Thursday night after work to meet up with the rest of my family and then going to my grandfather's, then to my aunt's, then to New Jersey for a family friend's holiday party, and finally home on Sunday. It is going to be quite the cross New York state trek, but its worth it to see family. I just booked my car service to the airport {which was almost as much as my flight itself, ugh holiday travel is a definite way to drain the bank account}. It is sort of a bummer that my brother and sister are home from college and that I don't have a month off like they do.

I had a great weekend in the city with C. We stayed in Times Square, walked down to Rockefeller Center, had some good food, met up with some friends of mine from college, saw West Side Story, and went to Madame Tussauds. 
Us in Times Square! 

With the tree in Rockefeller Center!

I recently heard on the news that there were people dressed in different character outfits walking around the city offering to take pictures with tourists and they were EVERYWHERE! I was getting kind of nervous because you really never know who is under those masks. All in all, a very successful weekend. The weather cooperated and I feel like we did a lot on a short period of time. You can never tackle all of NYC in one trip, but I think we gave it our best shot! How did you all spend your last weekend before the holidays??

ONE MORE FOLLOWER AND THEN IT IS GIVEAWAY TIME! It will be a good one, promise! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Ok...so I saw West Side Story too. I didn't like it at all. What did you think???

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i just went to your blogger profile and got SUPER excited. we have all the same favorite movies, music, books! i was like wait, who's profile is this!? haha. looking forward to following your blog! and what's this about a giveaway!?

    ReplyDelete