Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ouch.

Moving a little slowly around these parts today. Went to my first spin class ever last night and my nether regions are not happy. That bike seat is killer. But I have never sweat more in my life so I think I will try and stick with it. My body must have been invaded by aliens because I decided to go to Zumba about 15 minutes after spin class but I could only make it through about 3/4 of the class because I hadn't had dinner and I was exhausted. But I am meeting with my trainer for the first time on Friday so I am excited about that! He sounded mildly attractive on the phone, so that is a plus!

As a bit of a disclaimer to yesterday's post, I don't mean to sound so self loathing and pathetic. I am fully aware that being in a relationship doesn't complete me, which is something that I think a lot of girls have a problem with. They constantly go from one relationship to the next because they feel like their sole purpose in life is to be somebody's girlfriend. I don't mean to offend those girls, but that is not who I am. I don't need to be someone's girlfriend, I have gotten to the point in my life where its simply something that I want. And I fully understand the 'It will happen when you least expect it' mindset, but I am just impatient. I am the girl that quits eating healthy after a few days because I didn't instantly lose weight {which is obviously the most ridiculous statement ever, but its how I operate, or how I used to operate}. I am all about the quick fix and that obviously never works.

In other news, I absolutely love Oprah. I think she is just the greatest. My DVR has become my best friend for the sole reason that I can record Oprah everyday and come home and wind my day down with her. I am so sad that this is her last season, although girlfriend launching her network soon which is going to be awesome, in my opinion. R*ick*y Mar*tin was on yesterday and I have not watched the episode yet, but I saw from previews that he will be talking about his decision to come out. I for one was not surprised by this in the least, as I am sure many of you weren't either. I am happy that he was finally able to be true to himself but I still can't quit wrap my head around his choice of words when he said "I am a fortunate, gay man." To me that sounds like he is implying that other gay men are less fortunate? I may be reading too much into it but yes, we know you are wealthy, and now we also know you are gay, but those two characteristics seem really unrelated in my opinion. But then again, just my opinion. I will have to watch the episode and maybe get some insight.

Happiest of Wednesdays to you all! We are half way through the week!

2 comments:

  1. I hate it when people say "it happens when you least expect it!" I mean...aren't you always kind of expecting it? I look at the garbage man and wonder what he would be like as a husband. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Glad you're back and reading along with my new adventure! Hope the soreness goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete