Thursday, November 11, 2010

bulletproof.

*Happy Veterans Day to all those who have served, continue to serve, and will serve in the future. Yesterday was the Marine Corps birthday so I called my dad to wish him a Happy 235th, he looks good for his age I must say!

*The CMAs were on last night and they certainly did not disappoint. If you are not a country music fan, then I can honestly say that I feel sort of bad for you. I like all types of music, with the exception of hardcore screamo rock like Korn and company, but I really LOVE country. I have been to a bunch of concerts back home, and the genre is so full of heart and it really just makes you feel good. Granted I know that the real twangy stuff isn't for everyone, but I think country has definitely become more mainstream through out the years. Some die hard fans might think that is a bad thing, but I just look at it as country now reaching a bigger audience, a broader musical spectrum. Carrie, Brad, Miranda, Blake, Dierks, Tim.. I just love them all. If I am in the car and I set my iPod on genre, my country playlist can take me through every range of emotions and experiences. I think thats what music is really all about.

*Trainer kicked my butt last night, but I am excited about the prospect of a leaner and meaner me. He said I am definitely aware of how to work out, I just need some guidance. {Duhhh, I have known this for years I was just too busy eating and drinking my way through college to worry about it.}

*Not totally thrilled with my RueLaLa purchases {that is definitely the curse of the final sale}. The shirt is definitely for warmer weather so I will stow it away in my closet for a nice spring/summer day. I think I can make the jacket work, so we will see. Also received my new flat iron {hallelujah!} along with a free mini {literally minuscule} travel iron for my purchase of $75. That special is going on through tomorrow so if you are in the market for a new one, head over to Folica.com.

*Being without my laptop for the last two weeks, I have spent less time on Facebook and I don't miss it all that much. The new friendship page is just  a bit too much.

*Tomorrow is Friday, in case you were unaware. Bring on the weekend!

    2 comments:

    1. Yay weekend is right! Enjoy you final work days and have a fabulous weekend! :)

      ReplyDelete