It's that time of the week again! I can tell you are all just bursting with excitement. Well here you have it!
*I saw a guy driving a red VW Beetle last night. Probably one of my biggest pet peeves. And then I got to thinking that clearly there will be a post in the future about things guys should never be caught doing. Of course wearing Hunter wellies and driving punch buggies will be atop that list. If you have any no-no's to add, please do!

*i dont think i would mind a guy driving the classic style, just not the newer girly model*
*I cannot even believe the success of this giveaway! I am so glad that you all like it. Just a few more days, spread the word!
*Face*book is really about to, if they have not already crossed the line. After 'friending' someone on Sunday, my newsfeed informed me that "You and So-and-So are now friends after attending the same event on Saturday". Yes we were both there, but why are you reminding me? I didn't see you there, Face*book.

*There are two levels to my gym. Apparently this is a problem for some people. I always feel as though stairs are similar to a highway. You follow the rules of the road. If you were driving on the wrong side of the road, you wouldn't expect people to move for you, correct? So if you are walking up THE WRONG SIDE OF THE STAIRS do not stare at my like I am supposed to move. You are in the wrong, buddy. Step to the right.
*Regis*Philbin is retiring from Live! I am so upset. I just adore that man and he is true television royalty. I cannot even begin to imagine who they will have replace him on the show. They have huge, Bigfoot, monsterous sized shoes to fill. Any suggestions?

*LOVED this story of Emily & Ryan in the NYTimes this week. It really does read like a romantic comedy script. Too cute!
*I am starting to think more and more about spring. Perhaps that's because my mailbox and inbox are inundated with catalogs and email promotions for adorable floral dresses and it's only January. Unfair.
*No matter how hard I work out or how healthy I eat, it is clearly impossible to get the scale to budge during that time of the month. Thanks a heap, biology.
*Speaking of which, Rachel*Ray recently had a show about makeup made for men. I had to laugh, but was also a bit offended. That's not part of the deal whatsoever. We have the kids so therefore we {and only we} get to cover up our imperfections. Plain and simple. Guyliner? Gimme a Kit-Kat sized break.

I think that's about all folks. Do tell, what's up with you today?

I also don't like to see a guy in a new VW bug...only the old school kind. The newer model is for girls only...just like makeup. Guys need to stay away.
ReplyDeleteFacebook is getting more and more lame by the day. Annoying. I like it much better when it was college exclusive.
I think the guy makeup should be on the list of things guys shouldn't wear/be doing. Along with getting hair highlighted and mandals.
ReplyDeleteYes, man sandals. Really...the only appropriate kind are flip flops! No Velcro, leather straps, etc...
ReplyDeleteI can't reply to your comments when you leave them on my blog. You know you can fix that...let me know if you want to know how!
No man purses... ever.
ReplyDeletepickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com
Here you go...
ReplyDelete1. Go to your Dashboard on Blogger.com.
2. Hit your edit profile, right next to your picture on the top left.
3. Scroll down to the line that says : Show my email address and CHECK THE BOX.
4. Hit save.
Ewww I saw the guy makeup thing too. How gross. I could never date a dude that wears makeup.
ReplyDeletehehe and just because I love to "never say never"... what if your dream dude drives a girlie VW?! ;)
Have a good day, xo
Guy make up?!?! What is the world coming to! Gross. I don't want to see my husband sharing my mascara!
ReplyDeleteI couldn't agree with you more on the stairs! Great point!
I am heartbroken about Regis. :(
ReplyDeleteI would add turtlenecks to the list of what guys shouldn't wear. Not a turtleneck fan.
I refuse to even look at my scale during that time of the month!
ReplyDeleteI never understand why people make staircases so complicated - I'm with you, the rules are the same as if you're on the road.
ReplyDeleteMakeup for guys!? Wait...what!? WHAT!? That...is so extremely weird and wrong. :O
ReplyDeleteOh honey I cried like the man had died and I knew him when Regis announced he was retiring! For a whole 30 minutes later however I was thinking Kelly can do the show on her own; but it will not feel the same! and Makeup for Guys offended me too! What more do they need that we have?.. When they start having babies and taking a pee sitting down Ill think about letting the makeup bit slide.. until then.. Nope! Cute blog; I dont know if I have stopped by before but I truly enjoyed this post! Have a great day girly!
ReplyDeleteOh I am going to miss Regis also. I agree they will have a hard time replacing him. I am new to your blog. I love it!
ReplyDelete