Monday, January 10, 2011

live for now.

Thank you to all of you for your kind words and thoughts. It was an emotionally taxing weekend, but we made it through as a family. I can't remember the last time we were all together as my dad is the oldest of five. It is unfortunate that it took my grandfather's passing for us all to come together again, but at the same time I am glad that it finally happened. My grandfather lived in the same small town his entire life so everyone knew him. There were so many people who came to the funeral home to say goodbye to him. We were all very touched. 

There is a song that I have been listening to a lot lately that really sums up how I am feeling now about my grandfather's passing...

"But you’ve gotta make time for time,
You can’t fast forward,
No, you definitely can’t rewind,
That’s how,
I know you’ve gotta live for now"

There are things I didn't say and things I didn't do but I can only look forward now.

Don't think I forgot about my promised giveaway! It is coming this week so stay tuned! I also am going to start a little something I want to call "What's Up Wednesday". It is going to be my little list of things that are exciting, upsetting, or make you scratch your head and wonder a little bit.

One more thing... have any of you done any cleanses? I purchased a book last year on the Clean program and am considering starting that soon, but I wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these sorts of programs. I feel like I want to really jump start 2011 and get my body in a healthier, detoxified state.

3 comments:

  1. I sort of think our bodies cleanse themselves. I think if we go a few days eating only grains, greens, fruits and veggies, that's a pretty good cleanse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry about your loss but happy for you that you were able to see your family especially during such a hard time. have a wonderful week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending many positive thoughts your way, ladyfriend!
    also - i think you need to hear the sugarland song "little miss"!

    ReplyDelete