Tuesday, January 25, 2011

the kids are not all right.

The title of this post was the clever title of last night's episode of Gossip*Girl. I have to tend towards agreeing with them if they continue to push the envelope even further into the unbelievable with this show. Serena plotting a hostile takeover of her mother? Puh-lease. I think I am on the verge of un-loving this show. Anyone agree?

In other news, I fell into a bit of post-giveaway writer's block. Nothing seemed too relevant or exciting the past couple of days. This weekend was sort of low key. A lot of New York is in mourning over the Jets losing. I am not a Jets fan but I am an anyone-who-plays-the-Steelers fan, so I was slightly bummed. 

Friday night I stayed local and went to dinner and a movie with one of my sorority sisters. Black Swan, anyone? I was terrified. I am a huge wimp and when anything jumps out at the screen I literally lose it. Regardless of my nerves, the movie was great. It was dark, thought provoking, and twisted. I have no idea what really happened, so I was a bit frustrated. I know this sounds like a negative review, but those who have seen it will understand where I am coming from. Bottom line is that you should definitely see it! 


Saturday night met up with my cousin and had too many margaritas at Dos Caminos. Why did I do this? I do not know. Especially since it was bitterly cold outside. Frozen drinks? I wish I had a reasonable explanation. But they were quite yummy! As was the guacamole. The night got ahead of us as is often the case in Nueva York, but I shocked myself {and the free world} by getting up hangover free Sunday morning. I headed down to the Lower East for my dear friend E's surprise birthday brunch. She had no idea, so that just added to the fun of it.

The weather is down right depressing. I may pack it in and head to the tropics. Open a tiki hut and shack up with a beautifully bronzed surf instructor?

i just google image searched 'paradise' and came up with this. uh, yes please.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! That does look just like paradise :)

    I'm contemplating waiting to see Black Swan on video. That way I can pause and ask questions to whoever I watch it with. Because I did hear it was confusing. And I cand stand totally confusing movies :(

    I DVR'd Gossip Girl last night. Can't wait to watch it tonight, and to see what all this nonsense is about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dos Caminos is one of my favorite guacs! Yumm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just came across/ started to follow your blog...
    I fell off the Gossip Girl trainwreck a while ago.. I read the books religiously in HS but the series was wayy different! much to my dismay:(
    and I completely agree w everything you say about Black Swan. I really liked but I was confused at the end and also scared! haha.

    love your blog! you can find mine at heyygia.blogspot.com
    happy wknd! xxo G

    ReplyDelete