Monday, January 17, 2011

and here we go again...

with all the things we did and not a minute spent. {A little Paramore for this Monday morning, no?}

If I had a dollar for every time I hit the snooze button this morning I would be rolling in the money. My bed was just too warm to budge, but alas I made it into work. I remember a few weeks ago that the radio said January 17th {today} is the saddest day of the year. I sincerely doubt that. There are 11 months left to go in this year and I am sure there will be some sadder days to follow. Hope you are all having very happy days! They also said that June 17th will be the happiest day of the year, so at least we have that to look forward to!

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was rather jam-packed but very fun! The crawl Friday night was too fun. We all managed to make it to all three stops and I think L really enjoyed her birthday festivities. Saturday morning E and I woke up feeling pretty good {an unlikely occurrence for me as I am the girl who usually suffers from 24 hour hangovers} and headed down to SoHo. I had been wanting to try Prune for brunch, and it did not disappoint. It was crowded and we had to wait, but the food was quite yummy. 

We then ventured over to Uniqlo. What a fun store! Very much an American Apparel vibe to it. Lots of basics for very reasonable prices. I snagged a great olive green military style jacket as well as as a super comfy navy striped tunic. I think at one point I turned around and four or five girls were buying the same top, but I really liked it so I got it too. If you are in NYC, you must check out this store!

From there, I headed to my first blogger meet up! Christine {from bun&borough} and I started our blogs around the same time and she quickly became one of my favorite reads. Turns out we even have some common friends and it was great to finally meet her! It was truly like meeting up with an old friend because you really get a window into people's lives by reading their blogs. We had a yummy lunch at Artisanal, I highly recommend it. {Um, apparently I ate my way through NYC this weekend? I don't know if my trainer will be pleased tomorrow.}

Yesterday I did some serious cleaning of the apartment. E came out from the city and we had a little Golden*Globes dinner date. We stopped at this yummy  market near my apartment and picked up some cheese and crackers, grilled veggies, and lasagna. {Again with the mention of food...} We made our predictions and bet on who got more correct. I lost by three so I now owe E some frozen yogurt. I originally wagered dinner but after realizing I was going to lose I quickly changed the stakes.

And now here are some of my best and worst dressed choices of the night. In no particular order...
The Best

Amy*Adams
 
Eva*Longoria

Anne*Hathaway

 The Worst
  
Michelle*Williams
 
 Jennifer*Lopez

Natalie*Portman
 

I really hate to add Natalie to the worst column because I adore her and am really wanting to see The Black Swan even more now, but the Beauty and the Beast rose is just not working for me.

What about you? Any strong favorites/dislikes? Hope your weeks are all off to a great start. There is still plenty of time to enter the giveaway!

11 comments:

  1. You "Best" were my favorites too along with Emma Stone. I added Heidi Klum and Christina Hendricks to worst dressed. I hate when the favorites disappoint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Amy Adams! I am a big fan of the navy blue dress. In a black and white world, it seems like a little more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Lea Michele's pink dress -- she really looked stunning!

    I loved Natalie Portman's speech -- she's so well versed and classy =) but I agree -- I was NOT a fan of her dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eva Longoria looked amazing last night! I thought Emma Stone was stunning, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. our favorites and hated its were very similar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally live around the corner from Prune and have never been! Maybe this weekend.
    Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved Anne H.'s dress -- definitely my fave :) And what was Natalie thinking....boo the rose.
    Good speech though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how classy Amy Adam's dress was, the navy looks perfect on her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I completely agree with your best/worst list! I really didn't like Natalie's dress either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I recently heard about the happiest/saddest days of the year thing on the radio too. I guess it makes sense for January 17th being one of the saddest because the holidays are really over and it’s cold in most places. I’m not feeling that way, but could see how it might be like that for others.

    Uniqlo sounds like a great store and the jacket and tunic you scored sound cute!

    Blog meetups are always so fun and it’s nice to meet the person behind the blog. It sounds like your weekend was filled with good times and amazing food.

    Eva Longoria was one of my picks for best dressed too and I agree that Michelle Williams and Jennifer Lopez did not hit the mark. I think I’m one of the only people that had Natalie Portman on the best dressed list. It might have given her extra slack for being preggers. I’m sure you’ve heard this a million times, but Black Swan was truly an amazing movie.

    Really glad I found your blog and I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michelle's dress made me cry and Olivia Wilde's made me cheer!

    ReplyDelete