{I love that song and My Girl is one of my favorite movies of all time.}
Cue the angels singing, hallelujah Spring is here!

Thanks to those of you who offered some comforting words on yesterday's most uncomfortable post. A special thanks to MCW, I have come to really appreciate the much needed perspective she provides me. The truth of the matter is that these are my years, my selfish years as I have dubbed them, and I am going to live them. There may be some bumps in the road or detours along the way, but they are just adding to my story.
Another confession: Remember the date I had mentioned a few weeks ago? There had been incessant texting on his part for about two weeks. I could have set my watch to him. It was definitely a bit of overkill. Well, I didn't mention it after the fact because the truth is, HE STOOD ME UP! I thought I was in a bad romantic comedy or a dream but it happened and after many mascara tears that night I have lived to tell about it. It really made no sense to me, it still doesn't but that's his issue not mine. I think it's safe to say I dodged a crazy bullet with that one. He had sent me a text Thursday night saying he would see me the next day and that he was looking forward to it and then NOTHING. Haven't heard a word from him since, not that I expected to. I blamed myself and tried to figure out what I had done, which is a habit I need to break, but I know I am not the first or the last person to get stood up. In summation, dating in this day and age is really tough. I am beginning to wonder if being an old cat lady would be easier and preserve even a shred of my sanity. Joke... obviously an over dramatic blanket statement, my specialty. And let's be real, I hate cats.
P.S. Who is going to the NYC Blogger Meetup on Sunday?!
P.S. Who is going to the NYC Blogger Meetup on Sunday?!

Tell Texter to take a hike! He will never be worth your tears...
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear that! I bet there's someone even better waiting just around the corner.
ReplyDeleteI wish I had it figured out NOW as a soon to be 30 year old as you do now! These are the years to figure out what the heck makes you happy! I give you soo much credit for NOT taking that test. Now you're open to whatever the future holds. All good things, of course :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a huge jerk! I'm with you on the not liking cats thing....I figure that's a gift in this situation! :)
ReplyDelete~Tiffany
You are better off! Who does that to someone?
ReplyDelete-ugh, texter prob wasn't worth it anyway haha
ReplyDelete-YES!!! start looking for apts in the city asap. that's where you really want to be!
-i am going this sunday WOO
xo