Friday, April 29, 2011

fairy tale.

I did it. Although I set my DVR last night, I set my alarm for 5am and woke up before the sun to watch the wedding of two complete strangers. I wasn't alone because there were billions of people watching as well. I thought it was perfect. I thought she was perfect.

 
 via
My favorite moments were the small details. When Kate arrive to the alter and William told her she looked beautiful and then he said to her father that they were just expecting a small family gathering. Those few seconds brought it back from the grand worldwide stage that the wedding is on to simply a father giving his daughter's hand to the man she loves. I also loved it when they sat in the carriage and Kate asked William if he was happy. The Bishop reminded all of us that "every wedding is a royal wedding". I am sure that those of you who are married can attest to the princess feeling of your own special day. 

To everyone saying that we should focus on what is going on in the US and not worry about the wedding, it is possible to care about more than one thing. Just because I tuned in to watch the ceremony does not mean that my heart is not breaking for those in the South who have had everything destroyed by the tornadoes or that I am not concerned with what our government is doing and what is going to be happening with the 2012 election. But when we have Donald Trump parading around like he is and saying that our President did not have the qualifications to attend an Ivy League college or demanding his birth certificate be shown, forgive me for wanting to take a few hours and get caught up in something other than the problems we have at home.

6 comments:

  1. I loved those small moments too! I kept getting chill bumps, in a good way throughout the entire ceremony :)

    And, I couldn't agree with your second paragraph more! I have given $ to the Red Cross, and my prayers are with everyone who lost loved ones or property in the tornadoes. But, it doesn't mean that I can't also celebrate a royal occurrance that happens roughly every 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, I couldn't agree more with you! I do not regret any lost sleep getting up at 1am to see the BBC America coverage. I thought she was STUNNING! I thought the ceremony was perfect. The love they have totally shone through. It was a perfect day to celebrate something GOOD in this world. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity for me to be able to watch it live like that. Also, I thought her sister was beautiful too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so so true- really like how you brought it back to REALITY too in the last paragraph! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah it was AMAZING, wasn't it?! Her dress was gorgeous and I'm so happy for them. I'm also really impressed you actually got up to watch. I couldn't get myself out of bed so I watched it on my DVR. And definitely praying for those in the South, thanks for that last reality check.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen to that! I have been so annoyed with the haters all day--I think think that this fairytale was completely perfect today.

    ~Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed - I think it was a nice spark of hope in an always troubled world. I can't stand naysayers that think we should only focus on the terrible things happening in the world. We need the happy stuff just as much!

    ReplyDelete