Tuesday, April 5, 2011

here comes the sun.

Slightly muggy in my office today, but I am okay with it because that means it is finally warming up outside. The weather this weekend was great. Thank you Mother Nature for finally delivering. How did you all spend your first April weekend? 

Saturday I headed into the city to meet MCW of Saving the Best for Last... for brunch. I won't echo her sentiments, but she hit the nail right on the head. I really enjoyed meeting her and am thankful that she wasn't turned off by my chattiness. We braved the crowds as everyone must have been coming out of hibernation and stopped in at J.Crew. The rainy day ballet flats are just genius, and I am wearing mine today. I definitely recommend them! From there, I met up with my girl friends from college, we had an intense power hour, and then headed out. The night is a bit of a blur but I know it ended with a snack wrap or two from McDonald's. Ouch. Sunday L, M, and I went to the Yankees game! They lost but it was such a pretty day out. I only wore a cardigan and the sun was nice and warm which means an exponentially happier me. The amount of beer I drank in 24 hours is astounding to me even days later. Whoops.

Since I never ever take my camera out I had to wait for friends to put up pictures from my weekend in College Town, PA. This one is my favorite/the only one I don't look a fool in. 
sorority sisters and me

ETA: the flats can be found here! I purchased a pair in the olive green color.

5 comments:

  1. Love that pic! And are you including your mimosas in that beer count???

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm... rainy day ballet flats may need to be added to my shoe collection!

    looks like you girls had a blast, i love returning to my college town, PA , toO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need the rainy day ballet flats! Glad you had a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to check out the rainy day ballet flats! Do I see a bottle of champagne in that picture? That's my fav--even the cheap kind!

    P.S. Hope you're having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rainy day flats?! amazing! they are so cute and would be perfect for our rainy season in FL!!

    ReplyDelete