Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday, Friday!

Unless you have been residing under a large boulder, you know what the title of this post is in reference to. I only made it through Rebecca*Black's musical train wreck once, and that was just barely. I guess when you've got a dream, a mom with $2,000 and some whacked out producer that thinks you can sing, anything is possible. Regardless, TGIF in a serious way. This week as a whole seemed to go by quickly but the days just drug on and on. I am coming up on a semi big work deadline at the end of the month, so there is a little bit of added pressure. I am still fighting off this nasty cough, it has been over a month. Not sure how my lungs are clear, as the doctor claimed, when I literally almost keeled over and died when I was working out with my trainer last night. Anyone have some spare lungs lying around? This girl could use them.

After work I am heading down to DC for the weekend. Mom, Dad, and I are going to the Cherry*Blossom Parade on Saturday. Despite the pending government shutdown, the parade will still take place. 

I especially love DC at this time of year. It is so beautiful and so many people are coming from all over for this parade. I remember when I was 5 and we lived in Japan we went to a big parade and celebration for the cherry blossoms. There is a chance of rain tomorrow, but I am really hoping it holds off. Sunday is my mom's birthday so after the parade we are going to head to Georgetown for some shopping, and probably a late birthday lunch. The woman is the hardest person on the planet to shop for, so I think a day with me will suffice as her present? ;)

What are your plans for the weekend? Do tell!

7 comments:

  1. I am heading up to my sisters. Thanks...now that song is stuck in my head! My favorite part of that video is when she is in the backseat with 2 girls and the one girl looks SO awkward dancing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, have a fabulous time at the Cherry Blossom Festival!! They sure are in full bloom here in Baltimore! No big plans this weekend, just how I like it:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. have so much fun at the cherry blossom festival! i've always wanted to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cherry blossoms are just lovely. I never grow tired of them. How wonderful that you used to live in Japan - I hope your friends are okay! I hope you enjoy the festival and thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you this weekend! The blossoms are always pretty though! Hope you had a good weekend with your Mom! My parents had a great weekend here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cherry blossom festival! I went last year and it was just gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet the cherry blossom festival was gorgeous! I hope you're having a good week!

    ReplyDelete