Friday, October 8, 2010

thank God its friday night...

And at midnight I will be paid! Thank you direct deposit! This week has been dragging on and on. On Tuesday I was talking to a client and telling her I would speak with her again on Monday because it legitimately felt like Friday. Ugh. Last night was stellar. My friend M's mom got her tickets to see the SYTYCD Tour at Radio City. It was so amazing. I danced for the better part of my youth, nowhere near the caliber that it takes to dance on television obviously {or I may not be sitting at this desk right now} but every time I see them dancing I always have this slight urge to pick it back up. Tap was always my favorite. Maybe I could find an adult tap class somewhere? Haha, wouldn't that be a trip. Tonight I am going to head back into the city and see some friends. I literally haven't been here in three weekends. Last weekend I was in Virginia for a hair appointment, {Do not judge me for this. I love my stylist and it took me A LONG TIME to get her to know exactly how to do my hair and I really can't even think about starting that over}, the weekend before I was in Boston visiting a friend from home, and the weekend before that we took a quick trip back to College Memory Lane, PA. The weather was absolutely perfect last night so I am looking forward to a nice autumn weekend in New York City. Perhaps I will snap some photos? I realized that one of the big reasons I have never shown you guys pictures is that I NEVER TAKE ANY! I almost always have my camera and I just don't take many pictures. I have resolved to work on this a million times over and yet I think I have the least tagged photos on F*acebook out of everyone I know. 

In light of everything that I have been working through lately, as I was getting ready for work tomorrow I really stopped and thought about it all. I am exactly where I wanted to be... I might have had help along the way but this is MY accomplishment. I may not be completely financially dependent but I am closer to being on my own than not. I have a job that I enjoy in this awful economic state that we are in. Maybe not a total Op*rah moment {she is a goddess in my eyes}, but definitely a mini ah-ha. 

Stay tuned next week for the apartment tour! Youve already seen the bathroom but there is more to come and I NEED ADVICE! Lots of empty walls, but I don't want things to get too busy and all that, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. 

Hope you all have fabulous Fall weekends! I am so excited to bust out my scarves! Ah! :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're going to have a wonderful weekend in NYC! If I end up moving there we will totally have to get together!

    Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete