Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Wed-nes-day.

So what if I am 22 and I still have to pronounce that damn word phonetically every time I type it? A similar thing happens when I type veggie-tabble. And does anyone else remember the little mnemonic device that Danny Tanner gave to Stephanie when she was trying to beat Danny Chu in the spelling bee? {The saddest part of that sentence is that I didn't even need to look up the plot line, I have literally seen every episode ever made of Full House and I am in no way ashamed}. Well, Papa Tanner says to her "Double the c, double the s, and you will always have SUCCESS!" And that has literally gotten me through life to this day. 

So I decided last night after a month and a half to actually make a non-microwaved dinner. Man oh man... I feel as though I need to write a warning letter to my future husband because a domestic diva, I am not. My younger sister A is going to culinary school in a couple years after she finishes undergrad so she got all the skills in the family. My mom never ever cooks, so I don't have much of an example to go off of. I bought a $5 wok from Ikea before I moved, so I figured why not try and make some stir fry... cant be too difficult. Unless yours truly happened to by regular rice that takes 40 minutes to cook and subsequently burned it. Whoops. In my defense, rice is a tricky little devil. Or so I believe. Anyways, not to be defeated by the rice, I went back to the store and settled for the 90 second microwave kind. Much more my speed. And voilaaaa! Not too shabby!
So for those of you who are good with numbers, days of the week, those sort of elementary things know that today is in fact WEDNESDAY, which is TWO days before FRIDAY, which is a HUGE deadline for me at work. So one would think that all my clients would be getting in touch with me, making sure I have all the information from them to do my job? Right? Well of course not. This aint a perfect world now is it? So in light of the wrangling I am going to do today, I figured I needed to do something to set myself up for a good mood this morning. This was obviously the ticket.
 
Who says that girls with neon pink hair pins and matching scarves aren't tough and business savy? ;) Probably a lot of people actually. And sorry for the Blackberry quality of picture, and also the claw that looks like its popping out at you in a sort of 3D Imax screen way. I guess have yet to master the art of the mirror picture.

3 comments:

  1. I'm still trying to make my way in the kitchen too -- I think your stir fry looks pretty good!

    Good luck with your deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum yum!!

    yes - let's def meet up soon and do something nyc-ish!

    xo

    ReplyDelete