Monday, October 18, 2010

Injured bad.

Anyone remember this adorable commercial?

 

Well, I did injure myself this weekend. I don't know if it can be classified as bad, more as pathetic. 

Senior year of high school I dislocated my shoulder while cheering at Friday night football game. It was the week before our first competition so my coach told me if I went to a doctor I would end up in a sling. Fast forward a few years, and my shoulder will sort of sneak its way out of the socket every now and then. I was cleaning the huge window in my apartment so I was reaching and stretching when my shoulder decided to take a little time out. Between the burnt rice and the window cleaning injury it is REALLY not looking up for me in the future housewife/domestic goddess category. Who hurts themselves while cleaning windows? Only me. 

Friday night I headed into the city (surprise surprise). I was adamant about coming home, which I should have done but was persuaded into staying. I was too tired to really have fun and the man scene was less than stellar. Saturday I woke up, headed home, stopped at Home Goods to check and see if they had any nice canvases for the big wall above my couch and LOOKIE WHAT I FOUND!


It matches the throw pillows perfectly (mainly the green and the turquoise) and it is very "me". I will still be doing a full apartment tour, but I am waiting on my parents to bring up my dining room table next weekend then I think it will be all done! The wall is still very big and empty. Any suggestions of what else I could add that wont clash with the painting or look too busy? Eventually to the right there will be a mirror and then to the left on another wall will be a mini gallery of black and white photos and prints. Any help would be appreciated since we have clearly seen my lack of domesticity as of late.

Happy Monday to all and to all an awesome week ahead! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! Sorry about your shoulder, hope it heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have zero decorating skills, but I adore that painting! Good purchase :)

    Take care of yourself!! That shoulder injury sounds like no fun at all...

    ReplyDelete