Monday, August 3, 2009

Lighting Strikes

Oh, Monday... Today is my last Monday of my internship! Everyone please cross their fingers that my boss offers me a job at the end of the week. I really think that the environment here would be great to learn at the entry level and it would be a weight off of my shoulders going into senior year. If the speed at which this summer flew by is any indication of how fast my last year of college is going to go, I think I might start crying. I LOVE my university. It has been everything I could have dreamed of over the past four years and my mom put best yesterday when she said she couldn't even begin to imagine me having gone to a different school. I visited for the first time my sophomore year of high school and knew from the second I stepped on campus that this was it. I haven't regretted it since and I am NOT looking forward to leaving just yet.

Had a fairly quiet last weekend. Friday I came home from work and did ABSOLUTELY nothing. It was perfect. Saturday headed into NYC to meet an SS (sorority sister) for the day. We got a quick lunch and headed down to SoHo. I'm glad we went because that was one of the things I had yet to experience this summer. There were such adorable shops. I got a dress for my birthday, which is three weeks from today! :) Even though I will be spending my big day in Small Town, PA at the bar with the local townspeople, I felt the need to get a pretty dress, and it was on SALE! There is a layer of tulle that I think I will have removed because I feel like it makes me look a little to much like a cupcake. Yesterday it was rainy, surprise surprise. I managed to force myself out into the rain to head to Best Buy because I think my laptop is reaching the end of its life and I wanted to backup my files before something catastrophic happens. Stopped at TJMaxx on the way back, and they really had nothing good. Picked up some notecards and a mug, and a new hair straightener. The switch broke off of my hot pink CHI so I needed a temporary until I can get a new one.

Hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend and that your weeks are already off to a great start!

PS. Someone pleeease buy my Blackberry!!

7 comments:

  1. Good luck with the job, hope your boss offers it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting your job!

    I know what you mean about last year of college. I technically have a year and a semester, but I'm already thinking about how fast it's all going to go by and how I'll have to be a big girl soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. keeping my fingers crossed for ya...good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the job situation works out for you!

    I totally know how you feel about your school- I love min so much and I miss being there everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the job and keep us updated!! I completely agree with you about the last year of college...I go back in two weeks and i still don't believe that it's my last year. Def starting to feel sad already!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your job! Enjoy this time in your life, it is so exciting! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fingers crossed about the job!

    TJ Maxx can be so hit or miss. I went this weekend and found a ton of greatness, and sometimes I go and I'm embarrassed I was in there.

    ReplyDelete