Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

I FORGOT HOW MUCH HUMIDITY AND I DO NOT GET ALONG! My hair is in shock mode and it is not pleased. This heatwave is outrageousss! But I think it beats the rain that has been plaguing us for the past few months!

I AM HOOMMEEEEEE!!! I need to adjust my schedule now that I dont have a cubicle to sit in and write my insightful, thought provoking posts. Ha! ;) It's good to be back for these next two weeks. Just enough time to catch up with friends without getting restless. And then it is on to SENIOR YEAR! WHAT! Is it just me or did college go by at lightning speed compared to those angst filled years of high school? I can't believe it. And even more I cant believe that this year my siblings and I are ALL in college. Little Brother left on Sunday to head up to NY to try and earn a walk on spot on the soccer team at his school. I know he is skilled enough to make it but he loses his head sometimes so if he can just stay calm I think it will all work out. Little Sister heads down to NC this weekend and the parents and I are going down with her to get in some quality beach/golf/shopping time. I have only been down there once so I am excited to see it! The campus is beautiful from what I remember. She is moving into a BRAND NEW suite style dorm complex. Her birthday is soon after mine so I am already scheming to find someting really cute for her. Little Sister is the absolute opposite of me. She never asks for anything and I am always in need/want of something new. My mother practically has to beg her to go shopping. So I want to do something fun for her birthday.

Stopped at my townhouse in PA on my way home from NY and I cant wait til the roommates and I are all moved in. My birthday is going to be a great way to break in ALL of our glasswear! I ended up getting the navy and white duvet cover from my previous post and it is adorable! I wanted to get yellow sheets but I cannot tell you what I hard time I have had finding some. Target and Bed Bath and Beyond were both busts. I needed a desk for my bedroom as I am not the kind of person who can sit in bed and do work because I WILL fall asleep. Mom, Sister, and I went over to a consignment shop in town and there was a cute little sewing table for $62! If you open it there is the space where the sewing machine used to sit but I will just keep the wood flaps closed and set my laptop on it. It matches the rest of the room pretty well and I will only need it for a year so it will work perfectly.

My swap partner received her gift!! I am SO relieved because I was not thinking and didnt make an account so I was never sent a shipping notification and I wont make that mistake ever again! Leslie, it has been such a blast getting to know you and I hope you love your goodies and that our e-friendship continues! :)

I think I am heading into DC to see a movie with a friend from school that is interning up there. It will be good to be back in MY city! Ciao loves!

6 comments:

  1. sounds like you had a great time!! Happy early b-day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My college years FLEW by!! Kind of stinks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your senior year! You are right college does fly by and it is such a wonderful time! :) Live it up :) Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree I can't believe how college has flown by! H

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made it home safely! Hope your next two weeks are awesome! Seems like you have some really fun plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, I really wanted to leave you a comment to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts. You have some great pictures too.

    Thank you for sharing your writing and pics - very generous !!

    ReplyDelete