Got a text from Bar Boy #2 last night! I think I am more nervous now because I had totally rationalized it in my head that I wouldnt hear from him since I am only here for 4 more days. He suggested drinks on Thursday so there will be a story (lets hope for a good one this time!!) on Friday. I am so not this girl, so I am having a minor freak out. When I was in 6th grade my crush, well everyone had a crush on this boy at the time, told me that I wasn't girlfriend material and I don't think that you ever get over that sort of emotional trauma from your formative years. I spent high school in everyone's friend zone it seemed. If I heard one more "Why can't I date a girl like you?" or "Just wait for the right one to come along" I was going to lose it. You can't get more of a girl like me other than me genius. I've never been one to put my feelings out there for fear of getting hurt, which ultimately led to the "I didnt know you liked me because I liked you too" saga. Glad high school is behind me. I know this is overanalyzation at its best, and my fingers just got away from me and spewed all that out. It's just a drink. Breathe in and out.
Thank you for all the well wishes on the job. I am trying to balance on that thin line of being passive and aggressive. Do I say anything to my boss? Do I wait for him to suggest it? How do I let him know that if he were to offer me a position I would take it? I don't know how to navigate this!
Neutralization Titration Worksheet
4 years ago

I was always clueless and shy on the boy thing, too, so I won't even go there, but on work stuff, I'm your go-to girl. At some point this week there will come an opportunity with your boss - when you're wrapping up a project, passing things over, somehow. Be prepared to say something along the lines of, "I can't thank you enough for the opportunity to be here this summer. It has been such a valuable chance to get some real-world experience and it has solidified my desire to work in this field, and hopefully even for this company. What advice can you give me about pursuing a career with *insert name of firm here*?"
ReplyDeleteGood luck with bar boy #2 AND with the job!!!
I stink with boys, friend boy is shy and slightly awkward and I am secretly shy and very awkward so we are in some sort of limbo and have been there for about a year!
ReplyDeletesounds super exciting! enjoy the drink!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to hearind about your date!! =)
ReplyDeleteP.S. I left you an award on my blog.
http://agirlcandream2.blogspot.com/
I completely agree with leslie about the job advice. Tell them how much you enjoyed your summer and ask them if they have any advice for you...this is usually a great segway for a possible future in the company. I did that when my internship was over and they offered me some work during the school year, which might lead to a job, so hopefully that might work for you!
ReplyDeleteAs for the boy issue I completely agree with you...I have always been the "friend" and have always been way too shy to do anything about it! GOOD LUCK with bar boy #2 and keep us posted on both!!
I run my mouth 24/7 and yet if there's a boy I really like, I clam up and barely speak. It's weird because I seriously never shut up. Good luck though! You'll be fine!
ReplyDeleteCant wait to read Fridays post!! Hope everything goes great!
ReplyDelete