Sunday, July 5, 2009

Johnny Depp makes me swoon!

Hello everyone! Hope that your holiday weekends were great! Mine was very eventful and I am glad that we finally got some good weather. Headed into the city with roommate L and her friend from high school to another of her friend's apartment. Sat on the roof all day sipping on some great margs and finally got a bit of sun not of the ultraviolet variety. Later in the night the roof was taken over by another resident and about 40 or 50 of her hipster friends. We were out numbered to say the least and I quickly became the only one dressed to the occasion in my navy and white polka dot top and white shorts. There were random people sloshing into the apartment to use the bathroom but it all made for a humorous night. This morning we got up and went to a great little cafe for brunch. The omelets and mimosas were just the right thing for a mid morning pick me up. I then headed uptown to meet my cousin and we decided to go see Public Enemies.
WHAT A GREAT MOVIE! I usually am not the biggest action movie fan but the cinematography was excellent and Johnny Depp was stellar. I immediately called my best friend J after leaving the theater and told her that I might need to find me a decent bank robber (if such a thing exists) because John Dillinger (Johnny Depp's character) knew all the right lines to make a girl melt instantly. Christian Bale was as gorgeous as ever. If you have not seen this movie yet I highly recommend it! After the movie we headed to a great little Peruvian restaurant and had the most amazing chicken with a side of avocado salad. It was delicious! I am now safely home and exhausted but it was a great weekend. I cannot believe how quickly this summer is going by. Hope everyone has a great Monday.. as far as Monday's go :)

7 comments:

  1. that movie is on my to-see list...with the proposal! glad you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I have been wanting to hear that movie!! I'm glad to hear it is good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great weekend! I def want to check out that movie...sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across you blog and love it! Saw that movie too this weekend and thought it was great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought the movie was a bit too long but there was no shortage of hot men! My sister and dad actually saw Christian Bale at Ben and Jerry's right after we saw the movie (I was in Bloomies though :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to see this! I love how he is so versatile. He's quite the sexy in the previews. :)

    ReplyDelete