Friday, July 24, 2009

I might have a problem..

Boy do I love me some online shopping. It truly is the best of both worlds... Getting mail AND getting new things! Genius I say! Well, about a month ago I posted about an early birthday present from my lovely mother. I had ordered this bag...

Isn't she prretttyyyy?! Not to mention the fantastic quality of this picture from my new Blackberry 8900. Take that iPhone! Haha. Well, you would not believe the headache that I had to endure to finally get this bag. The company I ordered it from has been my go to vendor for 2 of my other 3 Longchamp totes. Never had a problem.. until now. About a week and a half had passed when I realized I had not even received an email with a UPS tracking number like they said I would. So I called the store, and the woman tells me "We had been trying to call you for a while.. the peony tote is out of stock so if you pick another color we can have it embossed and ship it out to you." Hmm... A. She had not been calling as my cell phone number was entered when I purchased the bag online and B. my credit card had already been charged. So she checks again and gets on the line and says "We have it in our files that UPS delivered the package to you on this date. It was left outside your door." Nope.. that never happened. So she checks her records again, gets back on the line and says "Oops.. we mailed it to the wrong house number. That person must have it." Okay I could understand the mistake if she was going off of a handwritten order, but the address was TYPED clear as day so this really should not have happened. I had to leave the little old man who lives at that address a note only to find out he took the package up to the condo office. But after all that mess, I finally got the bag. I still feel like I should call the company and ask for a discount on my next purchase, if there is one.

And to add to the excitement, I just got a $100 gift card in the mail for Sunglasses Hut after cashing in some of my credit card points. Hello new Raybans! I have been loving the classic look of the Wayfarers for a while so they will soon be mine! Yesterday HB&HB did a quick post about the Tory Burch Private Sale and before I knew what I was doing I had ordered this...

I know that I have a very skewed perception of the difference between want and need but a $275 wallet for $82.. I am pretty sure I NEEDED it.

Thank goodness its Friday! This week has certainly been dragging along.

P.S. My birthday is a month from today! I am slowly formulating the list of things that I might need/want!

5 comments:

  1. I feel your pain, I had a Lilly dress purchase cancelled because they were out of stock but their website was not updated and they wanted me to either get a larger size or pick a pricier item AND pay the difference...no thanks I just want my money back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh frustrating! I look all over for that color bag though. i have the black and i think it suites me, if i had a light color that thing might be a MESS! atleast it's here! you def should get a discount for all that trouble...especially if it's a company that's selling you a bag that's quite pricey. and what kind of CC do you have to get sunglass hut points??

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I loooove Longchamp. I just received two of those purses for my birthday-- one in black and one in brown!! :) LOVE THEM! They are SOOO big!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the bag, it's adorable! I have been oogling a Longchamp bag for ages, I may have to finally just bite the bullet...

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is GORGEOUS! I am officially jealous

    ReplyDelete