Thursday, July 2, 2009

I DID IT!

After much internal back and forth, I got off work yesterday and my car somehow directed me to the Apple store. I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 3G. It made more sense simply go with the 3G and upload the new operating system software rather than pay another $100 for a compass and voice control that I will never use. I have to say that I will sadly miss my Blackberry Messenger but the iPhone can do a whole world of things and I think this was a good purchase. $140 total with a sleek pink case and I am a happy girl. I can't help but think about all the people who were camping out for hours and paid 5 times what I paid.

To make today even better, just got an email from my boss saying that we can close at 2:30 today. Hooray for holiday weekends. On a comical note, this is what I am wearing today... Navy blue JCrew chinos with anchors, a white top, and coral cardigan from Ann Taylor. It wasnt until I got to the parking lot of my office that I realize I look a bit like the 4th of July poster child. Awesome.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC holiday weekend full of fireworks, food, and friends!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You will love it! Enjoy your extended vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I hope you love your phone! I have been wanting one but, just haven't found myself at the Apple store quite yet... Enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with your iphone! Now you can blog on the go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah for your new phone! I hope you like it!

    So exciting that you get to leave early today. Have a great weekend...sounds like you already have your outfit all planned :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the comment! I lived in VA Beach for awhile (my parents are back there now and my youngest sister goes to High School out there). I went to Salem for a bit (not sure what part of VA you're at). Good to "meet" another military brat! And way to go on engineering! You must be smart! ;-) My bff is an engineer and she is a smarty pants. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo jealous! I want one so bad. I think I am eligible for an upgrade in two months and I will be at the store ASAP :)

    ReplyDelete