Tuesday, May 3, 2011

you may not want to read this.

From the wedding on Friday to the President's announcement on Sunday night, I would say that these were quite a monumental few days around the globe. Something that is really starting to bother me is the backlash that the President is receiving. I usually don't want to get political, but I might have to. Regardless of your leanings to the right or the left, this is a huge victory for AMERICA as a whole in the fight against extreme terrorism. It is disheartening to see so many people saying that the President had no role in this, all of the credit belongs to the military. You've got to be kidding me? Whether you voted for him or not, he is the Commander in Chief. Since when does that mean he is merely a figure head? This victory happened under his administration, and while no he was not the one who invaded the compound in Pakistan, to completely discredit him is ignorant.

8 comments:

  1. Totally agree. How about on Monday am, when I looked at foxnews.com and there was not a single MENTION of Obama ANYWHERE. There was however, a photo of George Bush with a caption from him about the momumental moment. I know, it is Fox News, but seriously?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed. This isn't about political parties. I think people are getting scared about the next election and have to put a negative spin on something that should be positive for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen sister. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a die hard Repub, but have always respected our President no matter what party he represents. He is MY president. And I have no doubt that Obama and his advisors were very much a part of this victory. And I hope he gave himself a pat on the back, and a enjoyed a cocktail.

    Unfortunately he now has many more decisions to make about our soldiers and their possible return. Is it time? Is it safe to vacate?

    Let me just say that I would NEVER want to be President of the US. I think my job is stressful sometimes, but that job is nothing but stress. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that people do that too. Just like I hate it when they bash Bush for the first 7 years he put forth toward this, but Obama finished it in the last few. We are in this together as a country, and one big family. I wish people would leave the pointing fingers down and just rejoice in this great feat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally agree. good for you.thanks love. check out my pick for fabulous friday and find out who landed on the fash fave and fash fail list of the week. would love the support. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete