Friday, March 11, 2011

friday.

It is Friday, cue the smiles! I so wish that I was headed somewhere warm for the week, but alas those days are behind me. I am especially bleeding blue and orange today as my alma mater is in our league championships. I may or may not be leaving work a pinch early to make it home for the tip off.

My heart is sad today for those affected by the devastation in Japan. My dad was stationed there when I was younger and we lived there for 3 years, both out in town and on the military base. I don't remember too much in detail but my mom and I have often talked about visiting again now my siblings and I are older. It is hard to believe how many natural disasters there have been in what feels like such a short period of time. I also realize how ridiculous that sentence sounds because I have NO idea what these people are going through nor can I even begin to imagine their hardships. If you feel so inclined to help with the relief you can do so here.

Have a great weekend everyone, and keep all those struggling in your thoughts.

5 comments:

  1. I have the same sentiments on the disaster this AM. I have no clue what they are going through but my heart aches for them. Sadly, it takes something like this for me to put my life in perspective and count all my many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obvs, I'm bleeding Blue & Orange (and okay, okay Blue & White) today too. :) GO GATORS! (and Go Cats!)

    So sad about Japan and any where else that gets hit by this current natural disaster. :(
    Stuff like this only reminds me to count my blessings and hold on to my loved ones even tighter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was SO disappointed with Georgetown's performance in the Big East...sigh. Glad you were able to dash out of work early for the game :)

    Your comments on Japan echo exactly how I've been feeling...it's so hard to watch the devastation! Lots of prayers for the people there.

    Have a good weekend, my dear! xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with you, you've watched footage from the disaster and I can't even imagine going through that! I'm glad your family is not there at this time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything going on in Japan is so incredibly sad and devestating. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by this terrible tragedy.

    ReplyDelete