Monday, March 28, 2011

busy bees.

Wow, you have all been quite the busy little bloggers. 3 days and I have over 200 posts in my Reader! I am all caught up and it looks like everyone has been enjoying yourselves. I think I can speak for all of us in the northeast when I say we are anxiously awaiting the arrival of Spring. It is almost April {how did that happen?} but I think Mother Nature might be a tad confused because the temps are are still pretty low. What a great weekend I had reliving the college life. I of course have no photos of my own to share, why do I even own a camera I never remember to use it. It was so good to see all of the girls in my sorority and meet the new pledge class. I love that even though they joined after I graduated, you immediately know you have something in common. Lots of fun.

Thank you to those of you who left encouraging comments on Friday's post. I don't know why I always feel like I have to have the answers to the tough questions right this instant. I think I have a hard time accepting the unknown or the uncertain. I know that I have so much time ahead of me for risks, chances, and missteps and that is life. That is the way things go.

A big thank you to Ashton and sSe for awarding me the Stylish Blogger Award! Much appreciated girls.

 Seven fun facts about me...
1. I love cheese way too much and whenever I go to the grocery store I have to buy different styles of cheese. String cheese, cheese cubes, slices of cheese, blocks of cheese, they all serve different purposes.

2. I love accessories! Scarves, sunglasses, purses, love it all. You can never have too many and a lot of times the accessories really make the outfit.
3. I thought I was pretty well traveled until I created my map of states I have been to.
clearly I've got some more ground to cover! I didn't count states that I have only been to their airport or driven through and I have been to Europe and I lived in Asia so I am not a complete east coast homebody. 

4. I have a serious love of the Mighty Ducks movies. Hands down, greatest sports trilogy ever created. It is almost comical how much these movies come up in casual conversation for me. 
 

5. I am such a pushover for the sales people. I swear they see me walk past their kiosks and they know they can get to buy whatever silly unnecessary thing they are selling.

6. I have never had an actual pet. Hermit crabs and hamsters are as far as we got in my family. I am the oldest of three so for a few years I had my brother and sister convinced that we had a dog and a cat before they were born, but that was definitely not true.

7. As much as I am enjoying New York, I really think my heart belongs to the south. My parents are going to retire in North Carolina and I don't want to be too far away from them so I could really see myself settling somewhere in the Carolinas or Atlanta the end of my twenties, but that is still pretty far off. And if there is one thing I have learned while up here, nothing beats a nice southern gentleman!

I tag anyone who hasn't gotten this award already!

7 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on the states! Mine looks like yours! A lot on the East Coast plus CA and that is about it! I need to get moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a cheese lover too!! Cheddar Cheese and Ritz crackers are such a great snack.. but once I start I can never stop!

    And I'm a sucker for sales people too. I can never tell them no!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely get all kinds of cheese when I'm grocery shopping! lllove it.

    accessories really do make an outfit!

    I want to end up in the south somewhere, too. nothing beats it!

    have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Might Ducks! One of my good friends and I had a TMD marathon about three weeks ago. It was the best!

    I think you need to move to Charleston. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh....LOVE the Mighty Duck movies! I went to a hockey game a while back and I kept yelling "Do the flying V" over and over again! Some guy kept giving me dirty looks. It workd for the Ducks, dude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your comment on Preppy in Pittsburgh, about how you're unhappy with all the fist-pumpers in NY. Just take a train or a drive up to Bedford in Westchester county, or to Greenwich in Fairfield CT. Both beautiful towns are close to the city (15-30 min drive), and have a charming preppy feel that will hopefully make you feel more at home. :)

    ReplyDelete