Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Things I Do Not Understand.


- How is it already 3pm? I have a lot to do today and the hours are flying by. Forget the fact that I have been blog hopping for a significant chunk of time. Oops.

- Scented disposable razors. WHAT?! Both brands that I have purchased recently have huge exclaiming print on the packaging NOW WITH SCENTED HANDLES!! I am not going to take the time to smell my razor while shaving my legs, nor is this scent strong enough to serve as a some sort of shower air freshener so I deem this completely pointless.

- Why is it that iTu*ne*s will release each song on a soon-to-be-released CD as a single each week leading up to the full CD being available? I am sure there are all sorts of marketing tactics and ploys behind this that I, a Computer Science major, do not care to understand but it bugs me. Such a tease! Side note: Katy Perry's new CD is going to be pretty fab. I am resisting the urge to buy her new single, but who knew the girl could actually sing behind her neon blue wigs and dresses made of plastic wrap?

- Why do I continue to watch The Ba*chelor/ B*achelorette? EVERY season is THE MOST DRAMATIC FINAL ROSE CEREMONY WE HAVE EVER HAD! And then who is surprised when they break up? Not I or any one else for that matter. Have I from time to time looked up certain ex-contestants on Twitter. Yes. Am I going to watch The Bachelor Pad yet because I want to hug the genius who decided to combine The Bachelor/Survivor/Big Brother? Of course! Unless that genius is the producer that they interviewed on the 20/20 special. He gave me the creeps with his sketchy leather jacket and scraggly beard.

- The entire Du*ggar Family. I am not one to harp on other people's life choices. I fully believe that we would all be much better off if we stopped worrying about what other people are doing, but that is an entirely separate post. But in this instance, this family has brought America and our reality television junky selves into their lives. Therefore, I feel as though I am able to say, STOP HAVING KIDS! I truly hope that the complications that they endured with this last pregnancy will convince them to really put a lid on things. And perhaps with all their money from TV fame they can purchase their kid's clothing somewhere other than Goodwill. I will say that I have a strong disdain for odd numbers, so 20 kids sets my mind at ease more.. if they were to ever ask me my opinion. 

- How does anyone not watch Ma*d M*en?! You are missing out in a serious way if you haven't been keeping up with Don, Roger, and the rest of those cool cats. I know we've all got our shows that we follow in an almost religious pilgrimage sort of way but this really is a fantastic show. Season 4 just started and all of the previous seasons are on DVD/somewhere free on the interwebs if you are feeling adventurous and want to risk getting a nasty computer virus. I do not recommend the latter.

- Why would there ever be a need in this world for a Mari*lyn Manso*n remix of Love Game? I love me some Ga*Ga like you don't even know but I strongly object to this mash-up of craziness.

And what have we all learned from this post, MLD needs to stop trying to figure out anything having to do with TV and celebs. I have a life I promise. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your comment on the Dug*ers. I was just commenting to my hubby last night (upon seeing a commercial for their show) that I cannot STAND watching them. They seem nice and all, but I also agree with your notion that they should stop having kids. I mean, there are so many children that need happy homes...need to be adopted...I just can't understand it, but then again...it's their life and I shouldn't be saying anything about it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Duggars are OUT OF CONTROL. I get having a large family. Some people like that...fine. Great. But seriously? These people over the top. Too much.

    I don't watch Mad Men. But I tried!! Last season. I have been told that I need to go back to the beginning and get Season 1 and start from scratch. I want to love it so much...because their outfits are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the Duggers...I'm not gonna lie. I love them. Kind of want to be a part of their family and semi-hug each other and be happy with hand me downs and weird religious Kirk Cameron movies!!!

    ReplyDelete