Monday, August 9, 2010

Isn't it weird, isn't it strange?

Realizing that in a couple weeks I will not be headed back to college, going through the long hours of preparation for Recruitment, and anxiously awaiting our newest pledge class is a hard pill to swallow. For those (any) of you getting ready to go through the sorority recruitment process, best of luck! Wear cute and comfortable clothes, but don't obsess over every tiny detail of your outfit. Ask questions, without being too invasive. I know for my school there are certain topics that we are not allowed to talk about with potential new members, and diverting those questions is always a bit uncomfortable. More importantly, BE YOURSELF! I cannot stress that one enough. I actually enjoyed the recruitment process. Yes, it can be stressful but if you are true to yourself and the reasons why you want to join a sorority you will wind up exactly where you are meant to be. I can't imagine being in any sorority other than mine.

My birthday always fell on the first or second day of classes in college, so I think it is pretty fitting this year that my birthday is my second day of work. And if I trick myself into thinking that my apartment is a misplaced dorm room, I think I will be alright. I am excited to show you guys my little studio and get advice on decorating and such! It is going to be fun. The only thing I still need is a TV but the parentals and I will be scooping that up soon. 


Really considering breaking down and getting a Twitter. I really don't know who I would be 'following' other than celebs and news publications. That cannot be good for my celeb gossip problem. Any thoughts on Twitter/tweeting/tweeps? 


PS. Did anyone get the reference in the title of this blog post? If you did, leave a comment and be my new best friend.

10 comments:

  1. Your "new journey" is going to be SUPER fun. A lot of people say college is the best four years of their life, but I say...that's just sad! There are so many more exciting "adult" times ahead!!! Congrats! :)

    ..but of course college was fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Positively Preppy in Pink. College really was ONE of the best times in my life, but having a job and money and much more freedom has definitely proven to show me some of THE BEST times of my life :)

    Of course...I will always miss the good ol' days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Twitter is addictive I am warning you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Gracie Beth, Twitter is addicting but oh so much fun. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was SO in your shoes 5 years ago. I was moving to Florida and missing recruitment and my sorority so much! I would definitely get involved in your local alumnae group, or volunteer as an advisor... I did, and I love still being involved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I live in a college town (Athens, GA) and rush has been going on this week! It is so fun to drive pass the sorority houses and see all the different choices of outfits. Although, it does make me feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man I completely feel ya and I'm going through the exact same thing right now. Yeah I love my new job but I'm missing college/recruitment like crazy! Oh and I agree with everyone else is saying get a twitter...I was reluctant to at first but it's super fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um, Hanson was my life in 3rd grade! I'm right along with you the whole freshman in the real world, it's beyond weird! It's going to be quite a transition..I drive by my college every day to work now. And also, I'm glad someone still reads my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got the reference! <3

    ReplyDelete