Thursday, October 22, 2009

An Open Letter

Dear University Laptop Program and Tech Desk,

You are currently not my friend. 3 years ago when I bought my laptop through you I was convinced this was a great decision. If something were to go wrong, you would fix my computer FREE of charge AND give me a loaner computer?! I personally couldnt think of anything better than that. This was until I realized that you offer us the CRAPPIEST line of computers possible and are probably sitting around waiting for our computers to break. 3 batteries, 4 battery chargers, 2 main frames, and ONE BRAND SPANKING NEW HARD DRIVE and my laptop doesnt work. And you arent going to do anything about it because wait.. the warranty is only for 3 years, which seems a little strange to me considering that college lasts FOUR YEARS! And thank you again for the reminder that although you know my charger is broken and my battery will not charge there is nothing you can do about it. I have been fooled by you and as a former tour guide of our Admissions office who would RAVE of your greatness to potential future students, I now feel like I have mislead them as well. Thanks a ton!

So all in all.. this sums up why I now have a Google Reader a mile long (which will keep me most occupied on this day of hangover) and have not posted since Monday.

Frustrated,
MLD

3 comments:

  1. Can't stand my IT dept. I spent my soph fall semester in there and they wouldn't let me leave my laptop they knew me BY name! I hope it gets figured out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stinks. I hope it gets fixed soon. xoxo

    SC

    ReplyDelete