Thursday, October 15, 2009

Not Okay!

It is October 15th and it is SNOWING here in Little Town, PA. I am not okay with this. With no warning whatsoever, we went from the beginnings of Fall to full on Winter. I am hoping this is just a freak happening and that it will go back to being the lovely Fall weather that I know and love. Otherwise, I am in for it this year. Snow and I are not the best of friends. It used to bring me much in the way of days off, delayed openings, and early releases. Nothing was better than a snow day. Remember the blizzard of 96? I had 2 weeks off 2nd grade and it was the best thing ever. In VA, people hear a whisper of snow and they act like the Earth is coming to an end. No one knows what to do... all the milk and bread are gone from the shelves of the grocery stores. It is pretty comical to say the least.

Perhaps I need to reevaluate my decision to live/work in NY next year?

3 comments:

  1. Couldn't help but chuckle at your reference to all the milk and bread disappearing from the grocery in VA when snow is on the horizon. So true! I'm from Florida originally, and even I'm not that crazy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?!?! snow! Im with you what happened to fall? Hope your having a great day--winter wonderland and all. = )

    ReplyDelete
  3. SNOW??? Oh how I wish it were snowing in Knoxville!

    You are absolutely right about VA - know it well and have been the person sent to the grocery store because 3 inches of snow is expected!

    ReplyDelete