Left campus at noon on Friday. After gas and Starbucks stops (essential refueling!) we were on our way. I dropped my G-little and her friend off and headed on home. I met my parents at my high school as it was our homecoming football game. I can't believe they would want to brave the masses even when they dont have kids there anymore since Little Brother is now in college with Little Sister and I. We won! Which as awesome since it was against our big county rival. Funny how old rivalries still run deep after all this time.
My parents flew up to NY for the weekend for a football game so Saturday Best Friend and I went to Taste of Georgetown. It was so fun minus the rain. The food was great, as was the wine. We had been waiting until the end to get our cupcake from Georgetown Cupcake but they ran out! We had a brownie and an almond bar instead, but I fully intend to check out the cupcake shop next time I am home! Perhaps I should get some shipped to school. That could be dangerous! From there, we headed home, hit up the Red Box and watched New in Town with Renee Zellweger.

I usually am not her biggest fan but this movie was too cute. Harry Connick Jr is dreamy! I know I would never be able to survive the Minnesota winter.
Saturday we went down a little boutique downtown. I got an email that they were selling t-shirt for Breast Cancer Awareness Month and I couldnt resist the opportunity for a cute shirt and to help a great cause. I have known many women affected by breast cancer so I felt the need to do my part. I got the tshirt and a pair of Hanky Pankys because who can resist over-priced super comfy underwear. We were going to head to the Pumpkin Patch but decided instead to go see Couples Retreat. SO FUNNY! I recommend it. Made a quick stop in the mall so I could get my eyebrows threaded. If you've never done it, I recommend trying it out! It can be hard to find places that do it, but the 2 malls that I frequent have put kiosks up. It's a little strange to get your eyebrows done in the middle of the mall traffic but it is worth it! The woman did a great job and it lasts longer than waxing. It was painful the first time I wont lie, but beauty is pain ladies! Stopped into Victoria's Secret for a new bra and the saleswoman was SO convincing I opened a credit card. That needs to be paid off and cancelled immediately. She woudlnt let me say no, but I know nothing good will come of that. My mom's good friend sat me down a few years ago to warn me about graduating college and living beyond my means, which eventually leads to lots of debt. The last thing I need is another credit card. Momentary lapse of will power but we are back in order.
I think the parental units and I are headed into DC for the Caps game tonight. I LOVE HOCKEY! I am the least athletic person you've ever come across and if anyone ever tried to fight me I would probably just crouch down and take it because I am a big wimp, but I LOVE ICE HOCKEY! I love when they fight and when they bang each other into the glass. SO FUN! We were going to head to Matchbox for dinner (which is one of my FAVORITE places), but my mom has a work day today so we wont be leaving until around 4. Let's hope Ovechkin and the boys can pull out a win! For now, I am being lazy on the couch. I am thinking about getting my butt on the treadmill but we will see how much self talk it takes to get me up. Hope everyone had a great Fall weekend! It's getting chilly out!! xox

Oh how I wish I was on Fall Break right now! Mine stars Thursday. Or maybe Wednesday. I'm very tempted to skip out of my only class on Wednesday, even though I'm not leaving Knoxville for the holiday (have to work - it was either break or Thanksgiving!).
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are having a great time off! Hope you have fun at the Caps game!
yay for fall breaks!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend! Hope your days off are great too! = )
ReplyDeleteI really want to see Couples Retreat! It looks so funny! Enjoy the rest of your break!
ReplyDeletehope you enjoyy your days off! Gtown sounds so fun and CAPS games are awesome - have fun!
ReplyDeleteI'm OBSESSED with Georgetown Cupcake...so yummy! Glad you had a great time on Fall Break...mine starts Thursday and I can't WAIT!!
ReplyDelete