Friday, May 13, 2011

oh blogger!

Wow, what a Blogger meltdown we have had on our hands today. For those of you who commented on my previous post, looks like your words have gone into the abyss somewhere, but I wanted to revisit the idea of what we know for sure. The whole idea reminds me a lot of a philosophy class I took in college. There are certain things that we accept to be true just because we are told them, but we have no concrete evidence that they are actually the truth. My mom claims she is my mom, but I don't know if she actually gave birth to me. {Not that I sit around pondering that fact, you all saw the picture of us in my Mother's Day post, there's no denying that I am her child.} So is it a cop out if I say that the one thing I know for sure is that nothing is for sure? Here are a few things that I am sure of this Friday afternoon... at least I think I am sure of them...
  • I am sure that I will not be spending any more money on getting my car washed after knowing that birds will poop on it immediately after. Any one else with red cars feel like a bulls eye for bird droppings?
  • I am sure that this will be a fun weekend, and I will have my camera on hand for once.
  • I am sure that I stopped in at the mall during my lunch break and got some cute shorts on sale from Anthro. I am also sure that they don't quite fit yet, but I am going to get back to work on that.
  • I am sure that after I bought said ill fitting shorts, I ordered the quintessential mall Chinese meal. You know what I am talking about. That is only ever a good idea in theory, not in practice.
  • I am sure that the silence in my office is deafening today and that in 10 more minutes I am bolting for the door.
  • I am 100% sure that I am missing college something serious today. This time last year I was on my way to SC for the best week ever with my some of my favorite people before graduation.
senior week 2010. oh to be tan.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! I'm missing all of my friends from school and I'm still in college--I can't even imagine how sad I'll be after I graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE blog, I love this post! And I had to laugh at the part about Chinese food from the food court.. it's probably so bad for you but it is sooo so good. :)

    ReplyDelete