Friday, February 11, 2011

happy end of the week!

Man oh man this week has been long! I only worked four days and it feels like it has taken an eternity to get to Friday! Last night I went over to my friend A and her boyfriend's apartment for a little dinner party. We felt like such grown ups. She moved to the area around the same time I did, and it is nice to have a friend out here when everyone else is in Manhattan. A made a delicious baked ziti and garlic bread and I made....

 THIS!

I wish I had taken a picture of it after we cut into it so you could see all the layers of goodness. You'll have to take my word for it when I tell you SO YUMMY! Go me! The recipe was simple and it tasted great! The recipe can be found here. I used chocolate graham crackers and french vanilla pudding instead, just a personal preference.

Tonight I am going to take it easy, thus providing me with my first clear headed Saturday morning in quite some time. I've got different piles of clothes scattered all over my apartment and a half unpacked suitcase from last weekend that need to be tended to. I also need to hit the gym {since I ate two pieces of that cake last night} and do some catching up on my study schedule. Saturday I will head into the city for M's brother P's birthday {these letters as people are getting confusing, huh?}. 

And finally... to top of my weekend Sunday the girls and I will be going to a workshop of the sexual variety. I cannot even begin to express to you how out of character this is for me. But there will be free mimosas. Why the heck not? Valentine's Schmalentine's. 

Happy weekend loves! May they be as scandalous as mine!

3 comments:

  1. i like the way you think. who could turn down free mimosas?!

    cake looks amaaaazing! :)

    happy weekend girly

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake looks divine!.. I am def going to try the recipe!

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend, especially the workshop and free mimosas :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete