I am at such an emotional crossroads these days. I cannot wait to be done with the learning aspect of college. I need a break from exams and homework assignments and learning pointless things that will serve me no greater purpose in life. At the same time, I don't want to wish college away. I know that after I walk across that stage in May, there is no turning back. And I remember feeling like I had wished high school away after being so eager to get to college. I never want to stop learning and growing but I just think I am ready for the next step. Is that okay? Is it abnormal for a person to feel like they are over college? Arent these the best years of my life? I suppose all of that will need to be sorted out after I conquer random variables and joint density functions.
In other news.. thank you to Christine at The Sweet Sea for my newest award! I have yet to reveal the name of my Small Liberal Arts University but let's just say there exists a definite rivalry between Christine and I's schools, but I still think she is incredibly sweet!
10 things that make me happy:1. The fact that my mother and I talk no less than 3 times a day and she often calls for no reason
2. A glass of wine with good friends
3. Scarves and gloves
4. Washington Capitals
5. Sushi, sushi, and more sushi!
6. Kisses on the forehead
7. My amazing family
8. Doing something nice for someone else
9. Big cities with noise and mass transportation (specifically NYC and DC)
10. Oprah. I HAVE to go to Chicago before 2011!!
I have stalled long enough on the studying so I have to get into gear now. The next time you hear from me I will be back in the South! Hopefully it is a little bit warmer at home!!

I remember feealing very "ready" to move on from college, but don't wish it away! Its normal to be ready for the next chapter of your life, but this is such a great chapter too. I only say this, because I miss it sometimes. I certainly wouldn't say its the best years, but def some of the best! Hang in there through finals and enjoy your last semester!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand about wanting the "school" part of college to be over but not college in general I feel the exact same way! I can't believe that I'm a second semester senior and I know that second semester is going to go by SO quickly which I'm definitely NOT looking forward too! Hope all your finals went well!
ReplyDelete