Hi all! Hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas! Mine was spent mostly in the car on our way down to Charleston. It was raining SO hard. I guess rain is better than snow but it was pretty hard to see for a bit. Yesterday we hit up some outlet malls and I had such a terrible headache that I did not want to shop in the least. This can only mean that I am deathly ill or losing my mind because I am never one to turn down shopping. There weren't too many stores that I liked, and I am not the biggest fan of my body these days and trying on clothes was the last thing I wanted to do. Today/New Years Resolution is to lose 30 pounds by graduation in May. We all know those robes are less than flattering so I don't want to add fuel to the fire. I am also having a big party and want to be able to get a really pretty dress (in a smaller size) and look good in all the pictures that are taken. Hopefully I can use this blog when I get back to campus to keep me on my toes, since we all know how toxic college is with its 3am food delivery services. WHO THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA?!
Today is my parents' 23rd anniversary. Is it cynically of me to wonder if I will ever be able to stand someone that long? I was talking to my mom about this the other day and she was saying that part of their "success story" if you will is that she married someone she could grow and change with. That seems to make a lot of sense to me as even now I am a VERY independent person. I want someone to experience new things with but I dont ever see myself being one of those girls that cant breathe on their own.
We are headed to historic downtown Charleston for some sightseeing and such. Then it is off to the aquarium.. it looks like they have a great penguin exhibit. And then I think Dad and I will be doing a wine tasting. Yum! Perhaps I will be in more of a shopping mood today. I could seriously get used to 60 degree weather in December! Why am I taking a job in New York? Have a great day everyone!
**I am thinking about doing a giveaway once I get to 50 followers so keep checking back!
That stinks you spent a lot of your holiday driving...but hey its all good right?! AND you should totally blog and keep us posted on losing 30lbs. It will be motivation to the rest of us who should do the same! :) I will keep checking for your giveaway...sounds exciting!
ReplyDeleteI just stumbled upon your blog and as a fellow sorority girl, can't wait to keep following!
ReplyDeletehave fun in charleston!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the sweet comment! And I feel the same way you do (about the marriage anniversary). Oh, gosh.
ReplyDeleteHave a very happy New Year's!