Friday, November 13, 2009

Today is Me Day

The Holiday is probably one of my absolute favorite movies. As Ive already mentioned, I love quotes and this movie has no shortage of meaningful lines that really cut to my core. I've been there and I think we've all been there. This line in particular highlights exactly how I am feeling today...

This - This twisted, toxic THING between us, is finally finished! I'm miraculously done being in love with you! Ha! I've got a life to start living.

I finally got it. I definitely wasn't in love, but I have spent far too much time and effort on this person. I can't make him see me in a way that he doesn't want to. At the end of the day it truly is his loss.

For this reason, today has been declared Me Day! I'm blowing off my classes (maybe not the brightest thing to do as I will have some catching up to do on Monday) and just lounging about. A Lot Like Love is on, with Amanda Peet and Ashton Kutcher. I absolutely adore this movie, but I feel like not many people have seen it. It came out in 2005 and its just adorable. Boy and girl randomly meet, and for years come in and out of each other's lives but the timing is never right. I'm sure you can figure out the rest.

I could REALLY use one of these right now. It's so chilly in my house and I think this is a genius invention. I plan to add one to my kitchen cabinet soon!


Perfectly shaped to warm your hands! And at only $8.90, such a steal!

Perhaps in honor of Me Day, I will do some online shopping. Being able to shop from my couch was the best and worst thing to ever happen to me! Ha. But who doesnt love a hybrid of mail and new things. I'm all about it. Need to do a bit of laundry and my little brother is coming! Maroon 5 and Guster are playing here tomorrow so it will be a fun weekend.

Happy Friday to you all and have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Aw yay! Have a fun weekend girl! :) And yes... ME days, all the time! I have them even though I am in a relationship... cause it's always gotta be about me ;) *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great Me Day! We all need one of those from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that quote (it's from The Holiday right!?!??!). i had a realization like that one last year. it was SO great. have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cup is so cool! Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete