Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CRISIS!



Rascal Flatts is hands down my favorite band. I have seen them in concert a handful of times and every year it is better than the last. Since I am in New York interning for the summer I will be missing the show at home in Virginia with all of my friends. I thought that all of my summer concert sadness would be relieved when I realized that they are playing about an hour and a half from my university in Small Town, PA the weekend after classes start. I even called my roommate and we were all set to get tickets. That was until we realized that the concert falls on the same day as the second round of sorority rush. You can miss a round but there is a fine to pay and while there is no stipulation on what you can miss for.. I don't know if Gary, Joe Don, and Jay are a legitimate excuse. I need advice.. because as a senior I have a much lesser role in recruitment. The juniors pretty much run the show and I did MORE than my fair share last year. I even missed an engineering lab, had to drive all over to get battery operated candles, accidentally left my flashers on all night which resulted in a parking ticket AND a dead battery. This would definitely be a fun way to kick off senior year and it would be my roommate's first Rascal Flatts experience. But at the same time I always get a bit annoyed when the seniors start to check out and stop coming to sorority events.. and this is our first event of the school year. What to do, what to do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment