Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sick Computer.

Hello all! Sorry for the absence my computer is sick. It literally talks to me and says "NEW VIRUS NEW VIRUS" whenever I turn it on. The IT specialist at my mom's elementary school has it now so hopefully it is on the mend. That threw a wrench in the plan of doing a "Pictures of my Ever Changing Body" post in light of my new weight loss task. That will be coming soon though. My followers keep going up and down. :( Stick with me you guys, I have resolved to blog more often but I have been without computer so I am checking my Reader on my iTouch. I dont have the patience to blog from it so once the computer is better things will get back to normal around here. I am still planning on doing a giveaway at 50 followers (only 4 more) so spread the word!


New Years was eventful.. both good and bad. 3 friends and I headed up to a lounge in DC. We checked into the hotel, had a nice dinner at in hotel restaurant, then got ready to go out. I guess only bad things can come of an open bar because I am no longer speaking to one of the girls. We have had a less than smooth friendship since high school graduation and I guess the alcohol brought up all these ill feelings towards me and a situation that happened last summer that apparently she is not over. She even shoved me. Needless to say, that friendship is no more. 


I don't want to bore you with another post about goals and resolutions but I feel it is only necessary considering this new decade we have embarked on. So here goes nothing...


1.) Get healthier. I mentioned this before but this has got to be numero uno. I want to embark on the next chapter of my life feeling and looking great.I want to into a gym routine when I get back to school of going at least 3 days a week. I have a big graduation party planned in June and I dont want to be hiding from the camera and feeling self concious. 


2.) Eat out less, and make better choices while eating out. My roommates and I are CONSTANTLY eating out. Not only would my waist line be smaller, but my bank account would also be bigger as I have looked at my account statements and it is mostly food places. No bueno.


3.) Pass my first ac*tuarial accreditation exam. I need to get this out of the way early in the year so I can focus on graduation, moving, and starting my new job. I just signed up for an online review seminar that is said to have great results so I hope I can put this behind me soon!


4.) Be a more selective friend. I don't mean this to sound spiteful but I have a habit of dragging friendships on. It seems like I am often times a better friend to some than they are to me and I need to focus my time and energy on those friendships that are positive.


5.) Do more for my family, be more appreciative. I sometimes take a lot of things that my parents have given me for granted. They know that I appreciate them but I could say it more and do more to show them how thankful I am for EVERYTHING.


6.) Meet someone to share my life with. That sounds like a tall order and I dont mean that I want to take the marriage plunge this year but I think that if everything else in my life is in order, I will be more than ready to bring something positive to a relationship. I by no means NEED someone to be with, but I definitely want it. 


*Also, quick reader poll. I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJ was saying that if a woman has moved with a man twice, given up her career, and he has hinted at a marriage proposal that she should be paid damages after calling off the relationship. I COMPLETELY DISAGREE! I dont think you should give up your life, family, friends on just a verbal commitment. After the first move, there should have been a ring. And I'm sure it wasnt completely out of nowhere. Arent there usually signs? Then again, I have never been in this situation but I cant imagine giving everything up for a guy that wasnt totally sure he wanted to marry me. What do you girls think?

2 comments:

  1. Love your resolutions!! :) I hope they work out!!!

    Also... regarding the DJ situation... it is soo easy to lose yourself when you are in a relationship. Not that I have given up my job yet but I do know that there are times when I have given up hanging out with my friends because I wanted to stay at our home and hang out together... and I've never given up my family either but I have asked my boyfriend to give up a part of his. They were REALLY awful to me and treated me badly. After having to continually ask them to treat me with respect we have finally just rid them of our lives.

    Also I have had friends who have been with guys for years and thought a proposal was coming only to get dumped... and really, there were no prior signs. So I don't know..... just my 2 cents :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am soooooo there with you on #4!!!

    I completely agree with you about the poll. I actually don't know if I could uproot myself for someone if there wasn't a ring first. I've know some who have done it, and been heartbroken in the end. AND...I've also known a few who have moved ONCE and then gotten a ring.

    Still think I'm staying planted here until a ring materializes :)

    ReplyDelete