Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy 50th!

Happy 50th post to me! I never expected to come out of the lurky depths and actually have a blog that people read much less 50 entries! I was sad to see that I lost a follower today, but hopefully will gain some more in the near future. Kind of makes me a little sad, like you lost a friend at the lunch table. But we carry on I suppose.

The weekend was tamer than I expected. The rain put a bit of a damper on things, but I still had a great time with my mom. She had a cold which is pretty common around this time of the year and the rain didnt help. We managed to get do the last bit of decorating/arranging my room, despite me having been in my town house for a little over a month. We had a great reception Friday night at the President's house complete with a couple glasses of great Chardonnay. It was a good feeling to have an answer when some of the deans and administrators asked me what my plans were for after graduation but also brought about that anxious feeling that I have tried so hard to set aside over the past few weeks. Saturday night we went to a great bistro in town with some friends. I had a great salmon dish, which is one of my favorite meals. The rain continued into Sunday but we went to breakfast at the farmer's market up the road. It is the cutest place with pumpkins and a corn maze to get you into the Fall mood.

I got my math exam back today and was pleasantly surprised! I got an 87! I made a few silly errors but I was really worried going into it considering how awful my professor is at times. Today I actually felt like he taught us, which was a nice change of pace.

I wanted to take a moment to thank ParisPink at The Pink Polka Dot for the award she gave me! So thoughtful.

I am required to list 5 current obsessions so here goes!

1.) MAD MEN! - I don't know how I went so long without watching this show, but over the summer I watched Seasons 1 and 2 in a VERY short amount of time. Season 3 is off to a slower start but this show is so addictive! If you don't watch it, you definitely should.

2.) My future - I have a strange habit of checking job search websites and then looking for apartments near said job availabilities and envisioning myself in a few years living the life great urban setting.

3.) Sweaters and scarves - Getting ready to bundle up for the fall!

4.) The Lifestyle section of MSN.com - it has some great articles, recipes, and columns. I could spend hours browsing it if I had that much down time!

5.) The song "For the Nights I Can't Remember" by Hedley. I saw it on Degrassi Goes Hollywood because Yes I am a sucker for that show and I have been listening to the song on repeat for the past 24 hours.

I pass this award to:
Whitney @ Peace, Love, and Big
Princess Freckles @ Her Highness of Cute
Aliya @ The View From My Shoes
dreaming in pink and green

1 comment:

  1. Thank you!

    So glad you had a good weekend with your Mom! :) And I totally hear you about the whole dream, apartment searching etc. Until the baby news we were planning on moving to Florida! Eeek, plans have changed but we'll end up there someday! :)

    ReplyDelete